Super Effective Tricks On How To Keep A Tent Cool In 2017
Are you planning for your first camp? I am 101% sure you are highly excited about it. It is also possible that you are reading this article because you want to improve your previous camping experience.
Perhaps, you realized the importance of knowing how to keep a tent cool. Well, if that is the case, you came to the right place!
I myself encountered this issue during my first few camps and it made me really uncomfortable. This is why I got the urge to share this salient knowledge to you!
This article will give answers to important questions about tent cooling:
- Why do you think cooling your tent is important?
- What is heat transfer?
- What are the different ways of making your tent cool based on heat transfer?
Importance Of Knowing How To Keep A Tent Cool
This is the scientific explanation of the torridity that campers experience! Yes, it is scientific; and if you take it into careful consideration you can cool your tent in no time!
- Radiation –Temperature will transmit from source to another without direct contact. This is possible through heat waves.
- Conduction – Transfer of heat through direct contact; molecules share torridness with one another thereby heating the entire thing. An example of which is when fire touches the bottom of the pan but the handles eventually get very hot too.
- Convection – When heated molecules move from one place to another such as when we boil water, validity is being relocated.
Ways On How To Cool A Tent
Cooling tents should not require massive amounts of effort to achieve. You should not also dole out huge amounts of money. Here are some ways that others fully vouch on!
Important Tips From Experts
- Ventilation is the key!
- Regularly hydrate yourself.
- Wear airy clothes.
- Place wet towel on your head or nape
- Alternatively, you may use 2 layers of tarp.
- Choose a fan that can accommodate both rechargeable and non-rechargeable batteries.
Please do not attempt or even consider making a pit in public events such as music or arts festivals!
Here’s one controversial issue about tents and temperature
Choosing your tent is salient. This recommendation however is still debatable. Many hikers use nylon tents, it is well-loved because of its durability and waterproof assurance. Some don’t appreciate it as they warm up fast.
Nonetheless, others buy and utilize it despite the fact that it increases its temperature easily because it also allows air to escape in an accelerated time.
Camping is fun! It will always be full of adventure and surprises. People may suggest ditching the tent but hey, the privacy can never be compromised when you have one!
The trick is to understand the process of heat transfer and take that into consideration when choosing strategies on how to keep a tent cool and it will definitely make your trips more enjoyable!
Let me give you a quick run through with what you should remember before we finally end:
- Understand the process of heat transfer
- Address radiation of heat from sun and land by properly choosing your location, utilizing ground cover and emergency space blankets.
- Reduce convection through natural ventilation, misting system, battery-operated fans
- Use conduction for your benefit! If allowed, dig a pit and build your tent there.
- Apply the pro tips listed in this article!
Are there other strategies I missed? Let us know by giving your suggestions in the comment box below!